Stuff for you to read while you “work” on a Monday morning:
- A comparison of the Democrats’ platform on civil liberties between 2008 and 2012. Spoiler: they’ve joined the GOP in not giving a shit about it.
- The FBI is launching a $1 billion facial recognition program. See 1. above.
- A new paper on the mandatory meaning of Miller.
- Gamso has an expert takedown.
- Ken at Popehat is back in action with an excellent post challenging this Gawker piece on pedophilia as a brain abnormality and the reactions to it.
- A terrifying story on the disciplining of school children.
- The Juvenile Justice Information Exchange has this post on the slowly widening social gap in our society and the impact it has on our ability to understand and care for those who have less.
- Should states help death row inmates donate their organs? Gamso (again) has more.
Should get you through the morning coffee break. Then you’re on your own.