June is here! Here are some stories to get your day (and month) started:
- The Day has this great feature on the New London public defender’s office.
- Mike at C&F takes on the anti-gay marriage lobby.
- Ken at KL deconstructs a dashboard-cam video and concludes that the cop was justified in shooting.
- Mark Bennett leaves the hidden meaning in this sentence up to us.
- A Seattle judge rules that breathalyzer tests will be inadmissible until accuracy questions are resolved.
- Yet another mis-ID wrongful conviction from IL.
- Grits reports that some police depts in TX are doing the right thing by dismissing cases after evidence room thefts.
- Charles Kenville at the Iowa Champion breaks down the reasons why it is a good idea never to talk to the cops.
- Norm brings some much needed sanity to the Doninger case.
- Scott writes of people’s fascination with crime and criminals.
- SL&P has this post about the inevitability of GPS monitoring and technocorrections.
Short list today, but I have to get out and enjoy the day!