Injustice Anywhere checks in to inform that us she had a victory! Congratulations IA! In her own words
It was fantastic! So, what did I learn, or re-learn, here?
1) Always file a motion to suppress, even when it looks like everything was legal.
2) Don’t ever let your fear of admitting a screw-up prevent you from raising every necessary legal issue for your client.
3) One of the best things about working in a public defender’s office is having colleagues to back you up in those frantic moments that come up in the middle of a trial.
4) Judges sometimes do the right thing when you least expect it.
5) You never know what is going to happen in a trial that might turn a hopeless case into a winner.
6) It feels really good to win.